Sustainable products-Emissions from materials
- Building (floor and wall coverings, paints, varnishes, sealants, glues, insulation materials, furniture...)
- Transport (seats, dashboards, roof stuffing...)
are of increasing complexity involving many additives which may emit volatile and/or odorous compounds. These chemicals may have negative effects on the well-being (undesirable smells) and health (allergies, eyes and throat irritations, headaches...) of the people exposed.
End-users new expectations and specifications (low odour and emission products) as well as new or forthcoming directives & regulations (low VOC level, low odour, low specific migration limit...) have generated new market needs for reliable testing conditions. In this context, a reliable a partner able to provide a complete emissions characterisation as well as a full support for new products development is key to success.
Combining its skills in air sampling and analysis with its know-how in material science, Certech has developed leading edge expertise in assessing and managing gaseous emissions produced by materials.
Certech competences and services include:
- Evaluation of the odours and chemicals (VOC, fogging), particles or microbiological compounds emitted by materials, based on the most recent standards.
- Migration tests and manufacturing of barrier materials.
- Simulation of the service-life conditions of materials (test under controlled conditions: emission chamber, emission cell).
- Methods adaptation, customers-specific tests or development of customised tests (e.g. simulation of compounding conditions).
- Chemicals risk assessment on health.
- Selection of low odour and low emission material complying with the latest regulations.
- Remediation: formulation of less odorous and less emissive products.
- Support to raw material suppliers and equipment manufacturers to develop products meeting the required new specifications
- Technology and regulatory watch