Certech processing hall comprises all main processing techniques for thermoplastic materials : pre-treatment (grinding, drying, compacting), compounding by twinscrew extruder, pelletisation, film-cast and blow extrusion, injection moulding, chemical and physical foaming. Thermoset processing techniques like LRI (Liquid resin Infusion) and 2 component resin transfer moulding (2KRTM) are also available.
Certech is able to produce materials from 5g to several hundred of kg.
R&D projects ongoing at Certech in the field of processing include:
• Polymers reinforced with natural fibers
• Formulation and processing of biobased polymers
• Chemical and physical foaming
• Thermoplastic recycling
• Barrier materials for packaging applications
• Compounding and compatibilisation of mineral polymers and polymer blends filled with fibers and other reinforcements …