Biocomposites are now used in various sectors such as transport and particularly automotive, construction (decking, cladding), sports, furniture and consumer goods.
During their processing in the melt (compounding, moulding), biocomposites could emit odours and volatile organic compounds (VOCs) due to the thermal degradation of the natural fibres which they contain.
Our research projects include the following topics:
· development of high performance biocomposites with low environmental impact
· improvement of mechanical properties
· formulation of materials, remediation of odours and VOCs
· impregnation of natural fibres with thermoplastics
· formulation and production of granules or filaments for 3D printing
· sensory characterization of finished materials.
Composens Project – Interreg France-Wallonie-Flandres funding
with the support of the European Regional Development Fund and Wallonia