Removing undesirable odors in food packaging
Many food products can generate unpleasant odors which accumulate during shelf-life in their packaging and get released when it is opened. These odors can lead to a rejection of the product by the consumer while there is no deterioration of the food. Certech is developing and designing a novel packaging concept that will remove these off-odors and thereby reduce food waste.
Our research projects include the following topics:
- Evaluation of odourous volatile organic compounds (VOC) adsorption by mineral and organic fillers
- Dispersion of fillers into polymer resins at lab and pilot scale.
- Film production of filled polymers by cast film or blown film extrusion.
- Evaluation of VOC adsorption of filled polymer films
- Thermoforming of polymer films.
Remopack Project – CORNET (Collective Research Networking)