Quality and recognition
Certech operates under the ISO 9001:2015 quality management system.
Certech is accredited according to the ISO 17025:2017 standard for the sampling and measurement of odour concentration by dynamic olfactometry (NBN EN 13725 standard).
Document Belac n°400-Test can be downloaded on Belac website.
Automotive OEM accreditations
Certech is accredited by PSA for the following tests:
VOC analyses according to D10 5495-E
Aldehydes and Ketones analyses according to D40 5535-E
Odour according to D10 5517-G
Certech is accredited by Renault for the following tests:
- VOC and aldehydes & ketones analyses from materials after conditioning in micro-scale chamber according to RNES-B-20116 v1.0
- VOC, aldehydes & ketones, odour analyses from entire parts after conditioning in 1 m3 chamber test according to D49 3027-C / RNES-B-00114 v1.0, D49 3085-B / RNES-B-00114 v1.0 and D49 3046-C / RNES-B-00096 v1.0
- Odour from materials according to D49 3001-E / RNES-B-00096 v1.0
- VOC analyses according to D42 3109-C and D413144-A
- Aldehydes and Ketones analyses according to D40 3004-A
Certech is a scientific institution approved by the Federal Council of Ministres of January 1, 2006.
Certech is a research center approved by decree of September 18, 2008 relating to the support of research, development and innovation in Wallonia.
Certech is accredited by the Walloon Region for the sampling, analysis and research in the field of air quality (including odours), as well as for measurements by dynamic olfactometry and odour detection threshold with human assessors.
Certech is accredited by the Brussels-capital Region for the sampling and measurement of odour concentration for deliverance of environmental licence.
Certech is eligible for technological consulting and contracting via the so-called “chèques technologiques” for Wallonia or “KMO-portefeuille” for Flanders. These grants are dedicated to SMEs, to support and promote innovation.
Certech has been approved as service provider according to the French Ministry of Higher Education and Research. As a consequence, Certech is eligible for the Research Tax Credit program (CIR).
Certech is also referenced by the ADEME (French Agency for Environment and Energy Management) as a qualified laboratory for the assessment of air quality.
Certech is recognised as a reference expert by the AFNOR, ISO and CEN committees. Certech has been involved in the drafting of the European standards EN 13725 (dynamic olfactomery), ISO 16000 (indoor air), ISO 12219 (Interior air of road vehicles) and EN 16846-1 (Photocatalysis). Certech is currently involved in the drafting process of new standards covering the following topics:
- Determination of VOC's in indoor air
- Emissions into indoor air
- Emissions from constructions products into indoor air
- Sensory testing
- Measurement of odour impact by on-site inspection
- Workplace air
Active member of the Editorial Board of International Journal of Polymer Analysis and Characterization (IJPAC)
Emissions and odours from materials conference organization
Organization committee member of the Atmos'Fair conference